Do you know an inspiring young woman in their community? Applications are now open for the annual Young Women Leaders of Nillumbik Awards.
The awards recognise and celebrate the contribution of young women in Nillumbik to their communities in the lead up to International Women’s Day celebrations.
2023 nominations now open
Nominations are open in the following six categories:
• Nillumbik Young Woman of the Year – Young women making a difference and leading change in Nillumbik
• Young Creative Leader – Young women using creative arts to represent, motivate and inspire community
• Young Sports Leader – Young women who lead and inspire others to participate in sport and physical activity
• Young Gender Equity Leader – Young women championing gender equity, wellbeing and freedom from violence for every girl, woman and gender diverse person
• Young Climate Action Leader – Young women who lead, support and inspire others to take climate action
• Young Business Leader – Young women leading the way in local business
All women and gender diverse people aged 12-25 who live, work, study, volunteer or play in Nillumbik and have made an outstanding contribution to their community are invited to self-nominate. Friends and family can also nominate a deserving individual.
Nominations close on 16 December 2022 and the awards will be presented at Nillumbik’s International Women’s Day event in March 2023.