What makes a future leader? In their eyes, you’re an exceptional thinker and highly ambitious. You are a natural collaborator with big ideas. And you’re driven by a desire to bring positive change to the world.
These are the attributes they celebrate with their Westpac Future Leaders Scholarships – designed in conjunction with Australia’s leading universities to be a truly life-changing experience.
Westpac Future Leaders Scholarships are among the most powerful development scholarships in Australia. As well as investing up to $120,000 over 2-3 years into your postgraduate studies, the Scholarship will also shape your leadership skills far and above your expectations.
What does it take to be a Westpac Future Leaders Scholar?
First, you’ll have exceptional ideas. Second, you’ll have the ambition and drive to bring those ideas to life. And above all else, you’ll have a generosity of spirit. Ultimately, it’s this that fuels your desire to do great work. They’re offering 17 scholarships in 2020 to support your Masters or PhD studies, and are looking for switched-on, curious thinkers who have the inspiration, drive and ideas to change Australia – and potentially the world – for the better.
They’re looking for Australia’s best and brightest
Your ability matches your drive, giving you the potential to make a lasting difference to Australia’s future. They want to help you realise this potential.
Who can apply?
Open to scholars who have:
– Demonstrated academic excellence and are eager to undertake a PhD or full-time Masters at one of nine universities, in a field of well above world standard.
– Passionate about strengthening Australia’s ties with Asia, driving technology and innovation, reducing Australia’s environmental impact and creating a more inclusive country.
– With a bold vision to contribute to the growth and prosperity of Australia who can articulate this vision and how postgraduate study will help make it real.
– Possessing a desire and potential to lead.
– Keen to be inspired by others, build networks and collaborate across diverse disciplines.
– Confident in taking on challenges.
– A desire to be part of and contribute to the Westpac 100 Scholars Network.
– You are an Australian citizen or permanent resident (NZ citizens who are not also Australian citizens are not eligible).
– You have completed your first undergraduate degree after 1 September 2017, OR will complete by 31 December 2022.
– You have achieved or are on track to achieve an average result of H1 or H2A equivalent (approx. 75 WAM).
– You have chosen to undertake a full-time Masters by coursework or research or a PhD at one of our nine participating universities.
– You have chosen a field of study which, for PhD and Masters by research applicants, has an ERA four digit FOR rating of “well above world standard” in the ERA 2018 exercise and for Masters by coursework applicants, must be in area of world-class standing.
– You must commence study in 2023 (Jan – Dec 2023), not before.