The Xfactor Collective’s UPSKILL trainings are great for consultants, specialty small businesses and social enterprises in the Social Purpose Sector.
ABOUT THIS TRAINING
Thursday 13 October, 12-1pm AEDT (Sydney time)
This one-hour training session will support you to:
– Learn five strategies that will support you in all situations
– Have a set of cultural competence skills
– Feel more confident when working with diverse client groups
– Ensure you better welcome and reflect the cultures and perspectives of the people you are consulting with
The types of diverse client groups will include a broad range including LGBTIQ+, older people, people with addictions, Indigenous/First Nations, former prisoners, sex-workers, people living with a disability or impairment (physical or mental).
To support the workshop and your planning, you will receive:
– Presentation materials,
– Recording of the training.
This training is ideally for those who:
– Seek to further understand working with diverse clients in diverse environments
– Wish to overcome any lack of confidence to listen to and work with new client types
– Learn how to recover from faux pas, mistakes and gaffes
• Martin Cowling
Martin J Cowling has lived in six countries using three different languages and worked across another eight countries providing him with a foundational lived experience of being “other”. In addition, he has worked extensively in the HIV/ADS, aged care and Indigenous communities. Martin is an excellent trainer and communicator who will challenge you to think differently and assist you to grow. Martin is a Specialist Member of The Xfactor Collective community.
• Melissa Tandy
A genuine people leader who treats everyone at a human level, Melissa Tandy has worked with large corporates to small charities in the areas of risk management and diversity and inclusion, predominantly in Australia. Melissa has been extensively involved in Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras, recognised for her Allyship in the LGBTIQ+ community, and is a Director of Equality Australia. Her energy and curiosity in others will help you to expand your own thoughts and explore different avenues. Melissa is the MD of Strategic Shift Consulting and Specialist Member of The Xfactor Collective community.