The Albert & Barbara Tucker Foundation is a philanthropic organisation based in Melbourne Australia. They are focused on supporting registered charitable organisations who are actively making a positive difference in the lives of humans, animals and the natural environment. Their aim is to support organisations with the provision of grants up to $25,000 per year. Many of their grants have been awarded to small scale grassroots groups, who may otherwise struggle to attract the funding of larger, more prominent organisations.
Each year, the Tucker Foundation will consider applications from organisations seeking to undertake projects that further the Foundation’s aims and objectives.
The Foundation’s funding has been made available through the estate of the late Albert and Barbara Tucker, as per their wishes.
Grants of up to $25,000 will be considered. The Tucker Foundation understands that different projects require different amounts of time to complete and therefore do not set a completion date for projects funded by our grants. The proposed project timeline and justification should be included in the application form.
Grants are available to organisations with income tax exemption and ACNC registration for local, regional or national projects anywhere in Australia. Australian organisations seeking funding for projects undertaken overseas may also be considered.
– Any charitable organisation which is entitled to be exempt entities as defined in Section 995-1 (1) of the Income Tax Assessment Act.
– Proof of current registration with the ACNC (Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission) must be provided.
– If an applicant intends to be auspiced by another organisation, it is the responsibility of the applicant to find an auspicing organisation. Contact information for both organisations must be provided in the application form. Information about auspicing can be found here: https://www.nfplaw.org.au/auspicing.
– Organisations who were successful in a previous application whose project is not yet due for acquittal are welcome to re-apply, but will be required to include a brief project update with their application.
– Organisations who were successful in a previous application whose acquittal report was received late or is overdue are ineligible to re-apply.
– In line with one or more of the Foundation’s aims
– Clear budget including any funding from other sources and in-kind/pro bono, etc.
– Clear methodology, aims and outcomes
– Demonstrable capacity to achieve stated outcomes
– Projects must be for the benefit of the Public