Grants for organisations promoting the interests and welfare of residents of the Gulf Area Community by supporting projects and initiatives that encourage educational, health, cultural and social development.
Queensland Community Foundation (QCF) is a perpetual charitable trust designed to provide sustainable funding for a range of charitable purposes within Queensland. The Gulf Area Community Social Development Trust is a sub fund of the Queensland Community Foundation and aims to promote the interests and welfare of residents of the Gulf Area Community by supporting projects and initiatives that encourage educational, health, cultural and social development.
Within the context of the Trust purpose, the following objectives have been set:
• projects identified as a result of the assessment of social impact of resource development and other major projects in the region
• social and community development activities
• personal development activities
• education of residents through bursaries / scholarships for secondary and tertiary studies where no other bursary or scholarship has been awarded to the applicant for the same period of study
• projects providing low scale infrastructure projects where an identified social issue can be improved by such a project
• improvement of the health of Gulf residents
The Trust will consider applications up to $30,000 each.
The grant application form must be completed if the proposal is to receive consideration.