Join the team at Digital Storytellers for a 6-week online storytelling journey, where you’ll learn how to FIND, MAKE, EDIT and SHARE your social enterprise story in powerful ways, using smartphones and affordable tech. A limited number of social enterprises will be selected for the program. Are you ready to unlock your impact story?
• Learn to craft a compelling story, to engage your audience and spark action.
• Get hands on with accessible technology and learn techniques to capture great footage and audio.
• Get step-by-step guidance on how to edit footage on your smartphone, tablet or laptop.
• Discover best practice for sharing your story far and wide, through both online and offline channels.
• The course is divided into four modules – FIND, MAKE, EDIT & SHARE and runs over 6-weeks, with weekly challenges and tasks to submit.
• Each week, you’ll attend a 1-hour webinar, to guide you through the storytelling journey, including clarification of weekly tasks, Q&A, troubleshooting, sharing participant insights and group feedback
• You’ll also have access to the Stories for Impact Online learning portal, with video tutorials, frameworks and examples to guide you through the filmmaking process
At the end of the program you’ll have…
• A polished, original story about your social enterprise, which will be shared to a wide audience through national and international campaigns promoting the social enterprise sector
• Tools and frameworks to craft, produce, edit and share powerful stories which touch hearts, shift minds and spark audiences to action
• Techniques for capturing high-quality interviews, pieces to camera and other footage with smartphones and affordable technology.
• Access to professional (and user-friendly) editing program for the duration of the program
• Connection with a community of social enterprise peers in your state
• 12-months access to all of the program materials
Who is eligible to participate in this program?
This program is open to social enterprises, at any stage of their journey, who would like to develop the skills to tell powerful stories about their work and community.
How much does the course cost?
• Individual social enterprise – $200 USD
• Group of 3 social enterprises – $525 USD (Contact them to support or sponsor a group of 3 social enterprises from your network, community or incubator)
Payment is due upon acceptance into the course
Total course value is $700 USD per-enterprise. This course is being offered to international (outside Australia) social enterprises at a subsidised rate, thanks to a grant from the Australian Government .