The Victorian Government announced the $100 million Sole Trader Support Fund to provide extra support to eligible non-employing sole trader businesses to survive the impacts of continued COVID-19 shutdown restrictions. This is for non-employing sole traders across Victoria that operate from commercial premises or locations, participate in JobKeeper and operate in specific sectors.
Through the Sole Trader Support Fund, around 30,000 businesses will receive a grant of $3,000.
The Sole Trader Support Fund specifically targets businesses in industry sectors that have been Restricted, Heavily restricted or Closed as a result of continued restrictions outlined in Victoria’s roadmap for reopening.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Sole Trade Support Fund grant, you must:
– Be a non-employing business in Victoria
– Work from a commercial location
– Hold a valid ABN
– Participate in the JobKeeper Payment scheme
– Operate in an industry that has been affected as a result of the continued restrictions
– Have not received a Business Support Fund grant
Eligible sole traders will receive a grant of $3000.