Emergency support grants for businesses directly affected by the Victorian flood events that commenced in October 2022.
The Small Business Immediate Flood Relief Program supports businesses directly affected by the Victorian flood events that commenced in October 2022.
There are two streams of support available under this program:
1. Immediate flood relief grant
2. Business Relief Service
The program is jointly funded by the Commonwealth and Victorian Governments under the Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements in relation to the Victorian Floods which commenced in October 2022 (AGRN 1037) (the “2022 Victorian Floods”).
Immediate flood relief grant
Businesses directly impacted by the Victorian floods that commenced in October 2022 can access a one-off grant of $5000 to cover immediate expenses. Businesses must be located within an eligible local government area and incurred significant direct damage to their place of business, business assets, stock or equipment.
Eligible businesses can apply for the grant to cover expenses incurred from direct flood damage including for (but not limited to):
• qualified tradespeople to conduct safety inspections, repair premises and internal fittings
• equipment, materials and services needed for clean-up
• removal and disposal of debris, damaged materials or damaged stock
• equipment, stock and materials essential for immediately resuming operations.
Business Relief Service
The Business Relief Service is a free service offering one-on-one support from a local business relief adviser who will be available via telephone and on the ground to guide business owners through the available Commonwealth, state and local supports. They can also help you manage insurance and landlord issues, assess impacts and form strategies for recovery.
This program supports businesses that have incurred significant direct flood damage due to the Victorian floods that commenced in October 2022.
To be eligible for a grant, businesses must:
• be located within a local government area deemed eligible for assistance under the Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangement
• hold an active Australian business number (ABN) and have held that ABN on and from 14 October 2022
• be registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST) on and from 14 October 2022
• have incurred significant direct damage from flooding to the place of business, business assets, stock or equipment.
Eligible businesses will receive a one-off payment of $5000.
Grant funding can be used to cover expenses arising from the damage caused from flooding to the place of business, business assets, stock or equipment.