The SERVICE ONE Social Ventures Catalyst initiative provides direct support to selected StartSomeGood campaigns. They support your campaign by providing intensive coaching, support for your pitch materials and financial sponsorship to catalyse your campaign.
They will also offer you a place in the Mill House Social Enterprise Accelerator Program (REFINE).
To be eligible, you must be operating a social enterprise, ideally in the business to consumer space. You should have a specific product or service ready to sell immediately or in the next few months. Also, we are looking for local impact—not just in Canberra, but throughout the Capital region.
How much funding can I get?
The amount of funding available to Catalyse your projects depends on the project, your campaign tipping point and goal. However, based on our previous experience, we anticipate our sponsorships will be between $2,500 and $7,000.
What’s the catch?
Your funding isn’t guaranteed! You are responsible for working your network of supporters to crowdfund the agreed project goal to receive our support. A strong social media presence, existing customers and partners and connections to interests groups related to your social impact will make your project most attractive.
What exactly can I expect?
• Masterclass The 5 C’s of Successful Crowdfunding (14 August)
• Support in preparation you pitch (photography and videography)
• Weekly coaching during the campaign that will start in October
• An agreed sponsorship amount which will be credited at the start of your campaign
• The option of 3 months of intensive business coaching for your specific goals in the Mill House Social Enterprise Accelerator Program (REFINE)
To participate, you must be willing to commit to running a campaign for 30-40 days starting in October. It’s hard work, so if you can’t make the time, it’s best not to take a spot as your campaign is unlikely to be successful.
What do I do now?
Applications are now open and close on 2 September 2019.