Seed-Start Grants provide early-stage startups with matched funding to help them commercialise an innovative product or service.
There are 2 funding options, based on a business’ stage of development:
• matched funding of between $50,000 and $100,000 (2:1, $2 government to $1 applicant)
• for early-stage businesses to undertake a defined project that will overcome the initial challenges in getting their product or service in to national and international markets
project must be achievable within a 2-year timeframe, and result in a product or service that is unique or has sustainable competitive advantage.
• matched funding of between $100,001 and $500,000 (1:1, $1 government to $1 applicant)
• for early-stage businesses to deliver a defined project that will accelerate the development and commercialisation of their product or service in national and international markets
• designed to support businesses that are past the early-seed stage with a product or service ready (or close to being ready) for commercialisation
• project must be achievable within a 3-year timeframe, and result in a product or service that is unique or has sustainable competitive advantage.
To be eligible, an applicant must:
• be a company incorporated in Australia with an active Australian Business Number (ABN)
• be a non-tax-exempt business
• be registered for goods and services tax (GST)
• have an annual turnover of less than $1 million for each of the 3 financial years prior to the lodgement of their application
• be based or willing to be based in SA prior to commencing the project.