The future of our oceans depends on making ethical, sustainable choices that positively impact the environment.
If you’re passionate about making positive environmental impact within the sustainable seafood industry, there is an exciting opportunity to join Seafood For Good 12-week accelerator program run by sustainable fishing company, Austral Fisheries, and social innovation hub StartSomeGood.
Austral Fisheries is one of Australia’s largest integrated fishing companies, recognised for their responsible fishing practices and efforts in maintaining environmentally friendly and sustainable fishing methods.
The Seafood for Good Accelerator is looking for 4 B2C solutions to join with the goal of increasing the consumption, knowledge and consumer preference for sustainable seafood in Australia.
The Seafood for Good Accelerator is bringing together some of the smartest people in innovation, customer development and sustainable seafood to guide and support you along your journey.
Some of these include David Carter; CEO of Austral Fisheries, Tom Dawkins; CEO of StartSomeGood, Allen Haroutonian; Founder of Blue-X and Nick Chiarelli from Ocean Impact Organisation.
In the end the two most commercially viable solutions will receive funding and support from Austral as a key partner and supplier to launch their respective products.
• A 12-week accelerator program, delivered virtually, featuring masterclasses, group coaching, and individual mentoring to help you design and prepare to launch your sustainable seafood product by Summer.
• A 3-week virtual retreat that will be scheduled over 2 half days each week, supported by key speakers and mentors assigned to assist you on your journey.
• Two solutions will get $25,000 in (non-equity) seed funding from Austral and help to match it via crowdfunding
• Once you’ve succeeded at your test crowdfunding campaign, Austral will work with you as a key partner to commercially launch your product
• The “solution” must increase consumer knowledge and preference for sustainable seafood.
• Solutions must take the form of a business-to-consumer product which features sustainable seafood
• Must be able to charge a premium for sustainable product
• Must be Australian-based and have the possibility to go national
• Participants can be a start-up, a new product from an existing company or a non-profit irrespective of company structure
• May 27th is the application deadline.
• By June the 1st we would have selected the 4 solutions.
• The accelerator kicks off on June the 4th.
• The virtual retreat will be scheduled over 3 weeks, across 2 half days each week.
• The top 2 solutions are chosen for crowdfunding on August the 7th.
• Followed by a product launch with Austral by November 2020.