One in five people in Australia have a disability and Remarkable is on a mission to harness technology to build physical, social and economic inclusion of people with disability.
Remarkable’s 16-week accelerator program equips early-stage startups with seed funding and the knowledge, skills and tools needed to become commercially viable businesses that have a positive social impact.
What they offer:
- SEED FUNDING – $35,000 cash for 5% equity. They invest in your startup to demonstrate their commitment to you.
- MENTOR NETWORK – Coaching and advice from their highly engaged and experienced mentors that will open doors for you and help take your startup to the next level.
- STRUCTURE & ACCOUNTABILITY – Weekly masterclasses, intensive sprints, check-in’s.
- CO-WORKING SPACE – A dedicated workspace in the Sydney Startup Hub – Australia’s largest startup co-working space located in the heart of the CBD.
- WELLBEING & IMPACT – Health and wellbeing assessments regularly throughout the program and coaching on social impact measurement.
- DISABILITY SECTOR EXPERTISE – Access to world class therapy, lifestyle supports, housing and research programs, user testing and feedback.
They are looking for…
- DISABILITY FOCUSED – Startups who address core activities such as wellbeing, independence and inclusion or drive innovation in the disability sector.
- EARLY-STAGE – Startup should be up and running with some customers, but may not have experienced massive growth as yet.
- TEAM – While they’re not against lone rangers, they prefer teams – they have more potential to be accelerated and do all the elements of running a business.
- HAVE AN MVP – You should at the very least have a functioning prototype – something that potential customers can see and/or understand about what you’re trying to do for them.
- SCALABLE – They like their startups to have a technology, software or hardware component to what they’re doing, so that they can help you scale.
If you’re looking to disrupt the disability sector, don’t miss out on applying! Applications close 31 January 2019.