The Regional Events Scheme (RES) is an annual funding round for smaller and developing regional events across WA.
They support events that:
• bring more people to the region, which means more tourism dollars for the community
• attract media coverage which helps promote the region as an exciting destination
• involve and inspire the local community
• encourage people to come to the region outside of the typical tourist season
• add vibrancy and excitement to the region
• support jobs in regional WA
• showcase a strong point of difference and/or profile the unique features of the town and/or region.
How much funding is available
You can apply for funding of between $5,000 and $40,000 per year. The total funding available for the 2023-24 round is up to $1.1 million, including $250,000 for the Regional Aboriginal Events Scheme (RAES). To apply for RAES, your event must deliver Aboriginal activities and experiences through the leadership and participation of Aboriginal people.