Events bring thousands of visitors to regional areas, boosting businesses, creating jobs, and helping local economies thrive.
The $20 million Regional Events Fund supports events held in regional Victoria, showcasing their regional tourism strengths and building Victoria’s reputation as an events destination.
They welcome applications from private companies, councils, Regional Tourism Boards and not-for-profit organisations for events that meet the eligibility criteria and program objectives detailed in the Regional Events Fund Guidelines.
Support is available across three streams.
Stream 1 – Regional Event Acquisition
Funding up to $1 million to support the attraction of one-off or ongoing major events.
Stream 2 – Event Growth and Development
Funding up to $500,000 to grow the economic impact of medium to large-scale events.
Stream 3 – Event Industry Support
Funding up to $50,000 to build capability and support the marketing and operations of events that attract intrastate or interstate visitors.
Applications will be considered from:
• private sector organisations (where projects will deliver a clear public benefit);
• Victorian Local Government Authorities;
• Regional Tourism Boards (RTB); or
• Not for profit organisations, including sporting, cultural and community groups that are an incorporated body, cooperative or association. Funded organisations must:
• have an Australian Business Number (ABN); and
• have a minimum of $20 million public liability insurance and other relevant insurance cover.