Do you have a climate change challenge, adaptation project or idea that you would like to investigate further?
ADAPT Regional Climate Leadership will provide opportunities for you to further explore a climate challenge and develop an idea for a community project to influence change.
Who can apply?
They’d like 25 people who want to serve their communities and have a keen interest in understanding and solving a local climate change problem and are looking to build their leadership skills. You might not even see yourself as a leader, but they believe leadership is the practice of influencing others toward a shared outcome and not just a job-title or position.
What is the ADAPT Regional Climate Leadership program?
ADAPT is a community leadership program, delivered in ten days, across six months in the Loddon Mallee Region (Mildura to Macedon Ranges Shires encompassing ten local government areas.
– The program will be delivered in two day ‘residentials’ where participants stay in a rural community and learn directly from established community leaders, climate science and communication experts and policy makers.
– Residentials are held in February, March, May and June 2020.
– Each residential is held in a different local government area in the Loddon Mallee Region.
– The program concludes at a Regional Climate Summit in July 2020.Participants will help shape the priorities of the Regional Adaption Plan.
– The program is funded by the Victorian Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) and is valued at $4,000 per person. Participants make a co-contribution of $220 each. Fully funded scholarship places are available. You can apply for a scholarship when you lodge your application.