Ready for Growth is a Victorian Government initiative, delivered by Business Victoria in partnership with BDO Australia, that will support 1,000 Victorian businesses with high-growth potential to grow their business, access new markets and create jobs. Participating businesses will receive tailored advice from a Growth Facilitator to help them plan and achieve growth.
The program will help businesses:
- Develop a Growth Action Plan
- Build capabilities for growth
- Find grants and programs to support growth
- Explore export opportunities
- Improve connections to networks and ecosystems
- Connect to peers through the Alumni Network
Requirements for Participation
To be selected to participate in Ready for Growth a business must, at a minimum, meet the following requirements:
- be a legally structured business in Victoria
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- have been in operation for at least three years
- have more than four employees and fewer than 200 employees
- have an annual revenue of less than $20 million
- meet all industrial relations obligations as an employer in accordance with the National Employment Standards.
The Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions (DJPR) will also consider the following factors when prioritising the order and timing of selecting businesses to participate in the program:
- A demonstrated growth track record or intention to grow. For example, the business is export-ready, has expansion plans with job creation and/or purchasing new plant and machinery.
- Priority industry sectors: a business’s primary business activity as reflected in the business’s ABN registration information. Businesses should check to see that their details on the Australian Business Register website are correct prior to submitting an expression of interest. This includes ensuring that the industry classification (ANZSIC class code) linked to the business’s ABN registration correctly captures the primary business activity.
- Business location: a business’s primary business address as reflected in the business’s ABN registration information.