This is an exciting opportunity to reimagine, inspire, create, include, and bring awareness to great public spaces across Greater Sydney.
This competition asks to see your ideas and ambitions, as wild and bold as possible. Think as big or as small as you like without limitations, don’t hold back. This is a competition to stretch your thinking about public spaces and create ideas and new ways of thinking in an evolving city.
Brought to you by the Committee for Sydney and the NSW Government, they are calling on you to submit your idea for new or reimagined public space. Winning ideas will be profiled at an awards event and through media partner the SMH. With an incredible jury, five award categories, and four additional awards, this is your opportunity to help shape a new conversation about public space in Sydney.
• Best Public Facility Idea – Turning public facilities inside out and making them the heart of their community.
• Best Open Space Idea – Identifying new open spaces and rediscovering underused open spaces
• Best Street Idea – Reimagining streets including plazas as places for people.
• Best Temporary and/or Low Cost Public Space Idea – Developing demonstration, pop-up or pilot projects that challenge traditional thinking about public spaces and placemaking.
• Best Resilient Public Space Idea – Incorporating climate, safety, health, social and cultural considerations.
• Minister for Planning and Public Spaces Award – Awarded by the NSW Minister for Planning and Public Spaces for the best idea for furthering the achievement of the Premier’s Priority of Greener Public Spaces.
• Student Award – Awarded by University Deans for the best submission from a tertiary education student
• Children and Young People Award – Awarded by a youth judging panel for the best submission from children and young people aged 18 years or under.
• People’s Choice Award – Awarded through a public voting program.