The Business Development Grant Opportunity is part of the Northern Australia Development Program which focuses on economic diversification and job creation through support for scaling up and growing businesses, including Indigenous businesses, in Northern Australian communities.
The program has 2 elements:
– Grant opportunities, including Business Development Grants and Industry Transformation Grants
– Business Advisory services, which give access to advice and services to build and strengthen businesses.
To be eligible you must have an Australian business number (ABN) and be one of the following entities:
– An entity incorporated in Australia and a trading corporation
– An incorporated trustee on behalf of a trust.
Your trading activities must:
– Form a sufficiently significant proportion of the corporation/trust’s overall activities as to merit it being described as a trading corporation/trust; or
-Be a substantial and not merely peripheral activity of the corporation/trust.
You must also:
– Be a small to medium business – up to 199 employees
– Have a minimum eligible project of $100,000.
Your project must:
– Be located in or will significantly benefit Northern Australia
– Involve scaling up or diversifying a small to medium business.
If you receive a grant, you must work with a Strengthening Northern Australian Business facilitator to develop and implement a business roadmap. The roadmap will include recommendations and opportunities for your business.
They encourage joint applications provided you have a lead organisation who is the main driver of the project and is eligible to apply.
Open date: 04 Nov 2021 10:00 AM AEDT.
Close date: 24 Oct 2023 05:00 PM AEDT.