City of Parramatta Australia Day Awards
The City of Parramatta Australia Day Awards recognise the outstanding achievement and excellence of local community members and highlight the importance of service to the Australian nation.
This year has presented many challenges, so it is more important than ever to recognise, celebrate, and honour the local heroes who have gone above and beyond to support our City and community.
Nominate a member of the local community whose exemplary contribution is deserving of recognition. This could be a friend, family member, workmate or someone you know who serves the community.
There are various reasons to nominate someone for an award in this year’s age-based categories, including achievements in: education, sports, arts and culture, volunteering, leadership, health and welfare, offering acts of kindness, or someone who has made major contributions within the Parramatta Local Government Area.
Nominate for the below categories:
Note: The age of the nominee must fall into the applicable category as of 26 January 2021
• Citizen of the year: A person who has made a noteworthy contribution to the City of Parramatta in any of the below age groups.
• Junior Citizen of the Year in honour of David Shakespeare OAM: 19 years and under
• Young Adult Citizen of the Year: 20 – 39 years old
• Adult Citizen of the Year: 40 – 59 years old
• Senior Citizen of the Year: 60 years and over
• Community Group Award: A local group or organisation, which has provided an outstanding contribution to the City of Parramatta community. This includes projects and events.