National Science Week is Australia’s major national celebration of the sciences in August each year. National Science Week provides high profile science engagement activities across the nation. It is also an important opportunity for the science community to celebrate and showcase science to the Australian public and the world.
The Australian Government supports National Science Week in a variety of ways, including through the National Science Week Grants.
National Science Week Grants helps provide nationwide science engagement activities in which the wider community can participate. It does this by:
– providing funding to eligible and meritorious high profile projects across all states and territories
– supporting projects that stimulate and leverage further contributions by organisations across Australia
– supporting projects which target new and under-served audiences
– engaging Indigenous Australians in National Science Week activities.
An open competitive funding round will be held once a year to provide funding to support science engagement activities that will take place during National Science Week, or where appropriate, in the week before or after National Science Week.
Ongoing funding of $500,000 per year will be available.
– The minimum grant amount is $2,000.
– The maximum grant amount is $20,000.
– The value of your project must exceed the grant you are seeking. You must have some additional funding or in-kind contributions to support your project.