The COVID-19 pandemic has presented significant challenges to our multicultural sector and community.
The NSW Government is providing much-needed support to help communities with a $500,000 Community Support Grant Program.
This funding aims to support a broad range of culturally, linguistically, and religiously diverse stakeholders who are looking for ways to continue or start community programs to provide food, transport and language support to vulnerable cohorts.
Grants of $5,000 are available.
Applications close Friday 29 January.
Applications must address how they’re providing one of the following:
1. Immediate community care support – to provide culturally appropriate care to vulnerable and isolated people. This includes programs that focus on seniors, mental health and building community connection.
2. Overcoming language barriers – to enable volunteer and charitable organisations to overcome language and cultural barriers to connect with essential support services available to the community during COVID-19.
Eligibility & Exclusions
To be eligible for grant funding an organisation must:
– Be a non-profit sharing organisation.
– Be located within NSW.
– Demonstrate how their project will address the program criteria.
– Demonstrate how the project will measure outcomes.
– Demonstrate that the project is cost effective and viable with an accurate budget.
– Have all appropriate insurances and licenses.
– Submit an application online through the Multicultural NSW approved SmartyGrants portal before the closing date with all aspects of the application form completed.
– If successful, complete an evaluation framework supplied by Multicultural NSW.
– Deliver the project within three months of receiving the grant.
– Promote the Multicultural NSW and NSW Government funded event or project on their website and social media platforms.
The following activities are excluded from receiving grant funding:
– Party political activities.
– Activities that are dependent on recurrent annual funding.
– Building works (including maintenance) and equipment purchases.
– Commercial or fundraising activities.