The Mental Health Matters Awards recognise the outstanding achievements of individuals, groups and organisations that have worked to improve understanding, awareness, service provision and the general mental health of communities in NSW over the past year (2018 — 2019).
Prizes for award winners
The winner of each award category will receive $1000, an engraved award plaquette, and a specially created promotional video.
Brand new awards in 2019
This includes the ACON-sponsored Mental Health Matters Award Rainbow Inclusion Award – Recognising mental health related programs, projects or initiatives that demonstrate commitment to the mental health and wellbeing of sex, sexuality, and/or gender diverse (LGBTIQA+) people.
Each year, the Mental Health Matters Awards ceremony celebrates outstanding achievements in mental health. Held at Sydney’s Shangri-La Hotel, it is a wonderful opportunity to meet others and celebrate the work of individuals, groups and organisations that make a difference.
How to nominate
Know someone doing excellent work in mental health? You can nominate yourself, a program you work for/with, or a program or person you know.
Please read the following information before submitting a nomination
– Projects, programs or initiatives nominated must be accessible to, and have relevance for, the people of NSW.
– They do not accept nominations for a service in multiple categories.
– Only one nomination for an organisation or individual will be accepted; nomination submissions will be judged on quality of nomination not quantity.
– Staff and volunteers of Collective Purpose organisations, and/or any of the sponsors of the Awards (including, but not limited to, ACON) are not eligible for nomination.
– Previous award winners are not eligible for self-nomination for three years following the receipt of their award.
Nominations now open for the 2019 Mental Health Matters Awards