The Community Grants Funding Program offers three annual grants schemes to incorporated, not-for-profit community groups on an annual basis.
Maroondah City Council welcomes all to the 2021/22 Community Grants Funding Program Guidelines.
• Community Development Grants Scheme
This scheme offers assistance up to $5,000 to incorporated, not for profit groups to develop programs, projects and events that enhance community wellbeing and increase participation. This scheme also offers assistance to not-for-profit incorporated organisations with a focus on community recovery arising from the COVID-19 pandemic.
• To encourage increased participation in a wide range of activities and services within the municipality aimed at enhancing community inclusion and wellbeing.
• To build and strengthen local networks within the Maroondah community.
• To encourage community partnerships that facilitate the effective use of community resources and encourage the sustainability of services and programs.
• Must be an incorporated community organisation/group with not-for-profit status. If not incorporated, an application must be auspiced by an eligible not-for-profit incorporated organisation.
• Must be located within, or servicing, the Maroondah community.
• Must maintain Public Liability Insurance Cover ($20 million minimum) or be auspiced by an eligible organisation with this level of public liability insurance cover.
• Schools and hospitals are eligible to apply if they partner with another eligible community organisation and can demonstrate that the project is outside of their core business.