Supporting PhD qualified researchers to undertake original research that will positively impact the translation of research outcomes into practical application.
The Advance Queensland Industry Research Fellowships program supports researchers partnering with industry to complete original research that will have a positive impact on Queensland.
The program is focused on establishing and/or maintaining meaningful collaboration between researchers and industry.
The following fellowship grants are available:
• early-career fellowships – $160,000 over two years, or $240,000 over three years (excluding GST)
• mid-career fellowships – $240,000 over two years, or $360,000 over three years (excluding GST).
Applications close at 1pm (AEST) on Monday 17 October 2022. Successful fellowship projects must commence by 30 June 2023.
The applicant organisation must be a Queensland-based agency that conducts research as part of its core activities, including some universities, government agencies, not-for-profit organisations, and companies. The applicant organisation nominates the proposed Fellow.
The proposed Fellow must:
• be an Australian citizen or have Australian residency for the duration of the proposed fellowship when submitting the application
• be employed by the applicant organisation in a minimum 50% FTE capacity
• spend a minimum 50% FTE on the fellowship
• work and reside in Queensland for the duration of the fellowship
• have a PhD research qualification with:
– up to 5 years post-PhD research experience for early-career fellowships
– 5 to 10 years post-PhD research experience for mid-career fellowships.
• have a research proposal that addresses one of the investment areas outlined in the program guidelines
• have one or more Queensland-based industry/end-user partners
• have cash co-funding from the applicant and/or partner organisations that equals or exceeds the funding sought from the Advance Queensland Industry Research Fellowships program.