Have an idea that could change the world? Want to create sustainable solutions for the issues in your community or sector?
CQUniversity and impact-led business Impact Boom are collaborating to offer iActivate – a self-paced, ultra-flexible and affordable online short course, to guide aspiring and early-stage social entrepreneurs from idea to impact.
Build your skills, reputation and reach in the social enterprise sector, and enrol in iActivate now.
Thanks to CQUniversity’s Regional Social Enterprise Activation Program, funded by the Queensland Government’s Social Enterprise Sector Development Grants, iActivate will be free to participants within social enterprise cohort accelerators in four regional centres across 2022/23.
REVEAL CONTENT FOR COURSE SUMMARY
iActivate – Design and Grow Business for Good is a first for Australia, an online social enterprise course developed by a University and an industry leader offering a digital badge.
Hosted on CQU’s Centre for Professional Development platform, the 12-module course content is curated to give students clear and actionable steps in defining goals and impacts, understanding business for good ecosystems, applying sustainable and innovative business models, prototyping a social enterprise startup, pitching and storytelling, collaborating, scaling and measuring impacts.
The content builds on Impact Boom’s successful Elevate+ Accelerator Program for emerging social entrepreneurs, and CQUniversity’s range of social innovation courses and initiatives, from entry-level to postgraduate, that have kickstarted thousands of changemaker journeys for students since 2015.
REVEAL CONTENT FOR MODULE DETAILS
Module 1: Welcome to Program. Setting ourselves up for success.
Module 2: Purpose, Vision, Impact. Project Management and Effective teams.
Module 3: Understanding root causes and solving the right problem.
Module 4: Game-changing business modelling and value proposition design.
Module 5: Creativity jam! Conceptualisation and ideation to create new, sustainable possibilities.
Module 6: Purposeful prototyping and pilots.
Module 7: Impact marketing and branding strategy.
Module 8: Financing projects and getting them off the ground.
Module 9: Powerful pitching and storytelling secrets.
Module 10: Key legal considerations for social entrepreneurs.
Module 11: Understanding the eco system, and Leading social enterprises.
Module 12: Creating tracks and moving forward with impact.
• Define the rationale of running a business for good, desired impacts, roles, teamwork theory and other frameworks that will drive a startup or existing project from the core
• Outline the elements of Design Thinking, Co-Design, and Systems Thinking strategies to understand, redefine and respond to the right problems
• Reflect on innovative business models and why these are crucial to a social entrepreneur’s success, including how to best deliver value to customers and stakeholders
• Identify key tools to understand the market in which businesses for good operate, define a personal and enterprise brand strategy, and understand social media and other marketing methods to create a trusted brand
• Identify how to protect Intellectual Property, and understand legal and taxation implications.