The $1 million Hume Business Employment Grants Program provides incentives to local businesses to offer secure employment for up to 100 eligible residents in Hume City.
Offered as part of Council’s COVID-19 Recovery and Reactivation Plan, this program provides a strong financial boost for local jobs and local businesses, with a key focus on employment outcomes of 12 months or more at completion of the program.
Applications are open and will remain open until the funding allocation is exhausted.
• Hume business in Hume with a minimum of one employee.
• Be compliant with applicable workplace health and safety, industrial relations and taxation legislation.
• Hold all appropriate permits and licenses. This will include but is not restricted to; building and planning permits, liquor license, health and other statutory permits or licenses that are required for the business to be legal.
• Council rates must be paid in full and up to date, or a payment plan is in place.
• The grant will not be available for employees who are casual or are employed under subcontracting arrangements.
• Must be a Hume Resident
• Must be an Australian citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, NZ citizen, holder of a Permanent Humanitarian Visa or holder of a Temporary Protection Visa with Australian work rights
• For Stream 3 only: Must have been unemployed prior to current employment and supported by an employment service provider (e.g. DES, JVEN, JVES, jobactive), or a retrenched worker
An eligible job must be in the Hume Local Government Area and be:
• Ongoing paid full time or ongoing paid part time work.
Grant streams available
Stream 1 – Hume Trainees and Apprentice Incentive Program
Stream 2: Hume Internship, Cadetship and Industry Training Program
Stream 3: Disadvantaged Jobseeker Incentive Program