Hitlab Breakthrough Alliance is looking for promising digital health solutions in light of the global COVID-19 pandemic.
The HITLAB Breakthrough Alliance is specifically looking for:
1. Smartphone-based solutions for supporting the diagnosis and/or treatment of COVID-19
2. Broad/long-term digital solutions to address gaps in healthcare brought to light by COVID-19
Selected innovators will have their technologies evaluated in rapid verification studies with end-users, providing key validation data and actionable insights on product design, feasibility, and market potential.
WHY SMARTPHONE-BASED SOLUTIONS?
Immediate Impact, Wide Diffusion. New digital solutions for supporting diagnosis and treatment of COVID-19 have the potential to be very powerful tools for accelerating testing programs, as well as expanding utilization of effective therapies. As the most globally diffused consumer technology platform, smartphones can rapidly distribute consumer-facing application solutions to help populations worldwide, both in resource-rich and resource-scarce settings.
WHY BROAD/LONG-TERM SOLUTIONS?
New reality. The COVID-19 pandemic has disrupted multiple aspects of healthcare revealing deep gaps, inefficiencies, and inequities in our systems. This is an unprecedented opportunity to accelerate the development, integration, and adoption of meaningful digital health innovations that will have long-term impacts on healthcare.
BENEFITS FOR SELECTED INNOVATORS
• Refinement of concepts/prototypes for suitable evaluation
• Design and implementation of a rapid verification study
• Opportunities to develop strategic relationships with industry leaders
• zero cost to apply, zero cost to participate, zero equity by