The HEART Grants Program supports and activates arts, culture and business activities at the Margaret River HEART, by assisting event organisers with the costs of hosting an event at the facility.
HEART Grants Program Priorities
The priorities of the HEART Grants program are to:
• Enhance the diversity of arts, culture and business activities offered at the HEART.
• Connect the local community to meaningful arts, culture and business experiences.
• Strengthen the development of local creative industries.
• Build capacity in local businesses.
• Support the development of new audiences at the Margaret RiverHEART.
• Increase visitation and tourism expenditure in the Shire of Augusta Margaret River.
• Attract publicity that will raise the profile of the Shire of Augusta Margaret River as an arts, culture and business events destination.
• Promote the Margaret River HEART as an arts, culture and business events venue.
• Foster strong community partnerships.
How much can I apply for?
Up to $5,000 is available for individual applicants.
Up to $50,000 is available for a not-for-profit organisations, schools or businesses.
Preference may be given to co-funded events and activities (financial and in-kind).
Who can apply?
• Individuals, community groups, not for profit organisations, schools and businesses can apply.
• Commercial operators must be an Australian legal entity or individual with an Australian Business Number.
• Applications under $5,000 should meet at least four (4) priorities of the HEART Grants program.
• Applications over $5,000 should meet at least five (5) priorities of the HEART Grants program.
• Applications over $10,000 should meet at least six (6) priorities of the HEART Grants program.
• Events must support the priorities of the HEART Grants program.
• Only the costs of hosting the event at the Margaret River HEART are eligible for funding, such as venue hire, HEART staffing, cleaning, ticketing and marketing costs.
• External event costs and organisational running costs are not eligible for funding.
• Events must be open to the general public. Private events will not be considered.
• Events already receiving funding from the Shire of Augusta Margaret River may not be eligible for additional HEART funding.
• Events supported by the HEART must be in line with the ethics framework or existing policies of the Shire of Augusta Margaret River.
• Event planning and timeframes must be realistic.
• Funding requests should be reasonable and demonstrate value for money.