The Grass Roots Grant Program supports the involvement of Territorians in sport and active recreation and is administered for the Northern Territory (NT) Government by the Department of Territory Families, Housing and Communities (the Department). The program aims to increase participation in sport and active recreation.
Who can apply
Funding is available to not-for-profit organisations only.
To be eligible for funding an organisation must
- be operating as a not for profit organisation
- meet one of the following:
– be incorporated under and compliant with the Associations Act (NT)
– if your organisation does not have legal standing, you must have an administering body that is incorporated under a relevant Act to take responsibility for administering, reporting and acquitting the grant on behalf of your organisation
– be physically located and actively operating in the NT
Types of organisations that are eligible for funding include:
- Meet the Department’s definition of a sport or active recreation organisation
- Be based in the Northern Territory.
- Be currently registered as an incorporated body with Licensing NT (Department of Industry, Tourism and Trade), or hold another comparable legal status.
- Operate as a not-for-profit organisation.
- Be an affiliate of an organisation recognised as the national body or NT Peak Sporting Body and /or Active Recreation Organisation (where applicable).
- Be compliant with Licensing NT, or other relevant authority.