CSI is excited to partner with AGSM@UNSW Business School, NAB, and JBWere to present Governance for Social Impact – a 2-day executive education course for Board Directors, designed to facilitate an examination of the social impact ecosystem and the importance of leading effective social impact governance.
Sydney: 26-27 March, 2020
Melbourne: 16-17 September, 2020
What you’ll learn
Moving beyond the essential legal and financial responsibilities of Board Directors, this course will provide an in-depth examination of the importance of governance to achieve maximum social impact for your organisation.
You’ll learn and thoroughly understand what it means to govern with a ‘mission-first’ agenda and you’ll be provided with the knowledge and tools to navigate the social purpose ecosystem and to ‘lift your gaze’ to lead effective social impact governance.
You’ll learn about:
– Effectively governing in a complex social ecosystem
– Understanding different types of problems and what it means to govern with a ‘mission-first’ agenda
– The role of Boards in optimising strategy for social impact
– Achieving mission by measuring what matters most, for the people who matter most
– Exercising effective leadership while governing for impact
How you’ll learn
– The learning materials and activities designed for this course aim to enable participants to discover, critically analyse, and apply in practice the knowledge, frameworks and tools for effective social impact governance
– The intensive nature of this 2-day course requires participants to have read the selected required readings in advance of attending