The Centre for Social Impact is excited to partner with AGSM @ UNSW Business School to present Governance for Social Impact – a 2-day executive education course for Board Directors and leaders designed to facilitate an examination of the social impact ecosystem. Also a part of the course is the importance of leading effective social impact governance.
They thank NAB and JBWere for their generous support in the development of this course.
Melbourne: 7-8 September 2022
What you’ll learn:
Moving beyond the essential legal and financial responsibilities of Board Directors, this course will provide an in-depth examination of the importance of governance to achieve maximum social impact for your organisation.
You’ll learn and thoroughly understand what it means to govern with a ‘mission-first’ agenda, and you’ll be provided with the knowledge and tools to navigate the social purpose ecosystem and to ‘lift your gaze’ to lead effective social impact governance.
You’ll learn about:
– Effectively governing in a complex social ecosystem
– Understanding different types of problems and what it means to govern with a ‘mission-first’ agenda
– The role of Boards in optimising strategy for social impact
– Achieving mission by measuring what matters most, for the people who matter most
– Exercising effective leadership while governing for impact.
How you’ll learn:
– The learning materials and activities designed for this course aim to enable participants to discover, critically analyse and apply in practice the knowledge, frameworks and tools for effective social impact governance.
– The intensive nature of this course requires participants to have read the selected required readings and completed the online modules in advance of attending the online workshop.
Depending on the structure, size and turnover of your not-for-profit organisation, the course fees range from $1,788 to $2,860. The course fee for participants from for-profit organisations is $3,575.
Course participants will be awarded two AGSM Certificate in Executive Management and Development points which can be used as credit towards an MBA (Social Impact). Participants will also receive a Digital Badge on submission of post-program work.
Featured presenter: Professor Kristy Muir