The Victorian Government has developed the First Peoples’ COVID-19 Business Support Fund to support Victorian Aboriginal businesses that have been affected by trading restrictions introduced to slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
Grants can be used to help to meet business costs including rent and salaries, develop marketing activities or pivot the business offering in response to the current environment.
Eligible businesses will be provided with a one-off grant of up to $10,000.
Businesses are eligible to apply for a grant through the First Peoples’ COVID-19 Business Support Fund provided they meet ALL of the following criteria:
1. Are a Victorian business (registered in Victoria).
2. Hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and held that ABN on 16 March 2020.
3. Are certified as an Aboriginal business through Kinaway Chamber of Commerce (Kinaway).
4. Have a minimum turnover of $30,000 per annum (pro rata – as per a quarterly BAS statement/s).
5. Have been impacted by the coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19) or subject to temporary closure or trading restrictions as declared by the Victorian Government.
Ineligible businesses include businesses that are not-for-profits, charitable organisations, community organisations, co-operatives and Australian public companies.