FECCA is working with the Federal Government and other organisations to administer the CALD COVID-19 Health Small Grants Fund. This Fund will help multicultural community groups to lead grassroots communication activities around COVID-19 and the vaccination rollout, targeting CALD communities.
This is funded by the Federal Department of Health and will be implemented in collaboration with The Settlement Council of Australia, Migration Council Australia, and The Multicultural Youth Advocacy Network.
Why should people participate?
The Fund is to ensure that all Australians, including those from CALD backgrounds, have access to information on the COVID-19 vaccination. Together everyone needs to combat COVID-19 in Australia. applicants can make a difference by providing accurate and useful information in their communities.
The CALD COVID-19 Health Small Grants Fund
FECCA will administer grants of $2500, $3500 or $5000 to groups or organisations to fund short-term, one-off, communication and outreach projects that aim to achieve the following objectives:
– Address barriers to accessing information on COVID-19 and the vaccination program
– Provide the opportunity for communities to identify and respond to issues and concerns surrounding COVID-19 and the vaccination program
– Provide accurate and culturally relevant information on the COVID-19 Vaccination Program
– Foster community involvement and participation
– Encourage partnerships among community organisations
All projects must be completed by 31 March 2022.