Facility Hire Grants are available to assist community organisations/groups and schools to undertake projects and activities that contribute to the liveability, accessibility, health and safety of Glen Eira.
Facility Hire grants are in-kind grants where Council covers the cost of facility hire and are not cash grants. Facility Hire Grants are for one off or occasional use grants.
The aim of Council’s Community Grants Program which incorporates Facility Hire Grants, is to:
• strengthen community connections and collaborations
• develop an accessible and inclusive community
• encourage community initiatives that promote self-sufficiency, innovation and respond to community needs
• help strengthen community capacity to plan and implement services
• support celebration and participation in community life
• fund projects that deliver meaningful social impact.
The purpose of a Facility Hire Grant is to assist community organisations/groups and schools to access Council facilities where they demonstrate benefit to the Glen Eira community.
Who can apply?
Community organisations and groups can apply if they:
• service the Glen Eira community
• have acquitted all previous Glen Eira City Council grants
• are not-for-profit
• are incorporated
• have an ABN
• hold public liability insurance in a minimum sum of $20 million.