Townsville City Economic Grants and Partnerships provide funding and in-kind support to help deliver a strong and innovative economy for Townsville.
To apply for a grant or partnership, your initiative will need to align to one of the following four priorities:
- Business and Investment Attraction – Support the establishment of new operations in Townsville.
- Innovation Incubator – Build capacity in the Townsville region to support the development of startups and incubator facilities.
- Tourism and Events – Establish new tourism experiences or strengthen existing services and events to increase visitation and expenditure in the Townsville region.
- Enliven the CBD through activation, events and placemaking in public spaces.
They encourage any application for funding that clearly supports any of these priorities.
These priorities are part of the Townsville City Council’s Corporate Plan. Priorities will change at Council’s discretion to ensure they support future community needs.
To deliver a strong and innovative economy for Townsville with sustainable growth and support for local jobs and businesses.
- An applicant must be a properly constituted not-for-profit organisation or be auspiced by such an organisation.
- You must reside and/or primarily provide services within the Townsville Local Government Area (LGA), or be able to demonstrate that the initiative is in the public interest of residents of the Townsville LGA.
- You must be free of debt to Townsville City Council.
- You must have successfully acquitted any previous grants from Townsville City Council.
- You must hold current Public Liability Insurance to the value of $20,000,000 per claim.