The Eastern Star Foundation is a philanthropic foundation whose focus is helping to improve outcomes for the aged in Queensland.
The Foundation supports organisations with a one-off grant of up to $100,000 to invest in a program or initiative in line with its values, vision and mission.
The Eastern Star Foundation aims to support program / initiatives that support the ageing communities in Queensland (i.e. people aged over 65), in particular, those who suffer from mobility issues, sickness or disease to improve and enhance their quality of life.
The program / initiative must help older people to:
• remain independent;
• practice choice;
• participate in their community;
• have a support network;
• experience healthy ageing.
The Foundation targets and funds program / initiatives which:
• there is limited access to other funding; or
• has a funding gap that needs to be filled for the program / initiative to proceed; or
• for an essential service to continue
Applicants must be an organisation operating in Queensland for the benefit of Queensland and Queenslanders. Additionally, the organisation must be:
• a registered charity with Charity Tax Concession status; and
• be a Deductible Gift Recipient – Item 1 (DGR 1).