The City of Melbourne and Victorian Government have partnered to deliver a $200 million Melbourne City Revitalisation Fund to reactivate the city.
As part of reinvigorating Melbourne, the Dusk till Dawn (D2D) Activation Grants Program supports activations in the City of Melbourne to reenergise and reimagine the city at night. They foster collaboration and creativity in their city’s night-time economy and encourage visitors and residents to experience and enjoy the city after dark.
D2D will deliver new and innovative activations within the City of Melbourne, bringing communities and consumers into the city’s precincts to support local businesses.
The Dusk till Dawn Activation Grants Program (D2D) is designed to support businesses and organisations to deliver place specific activations that increases economic activity through interactive and entertaining activity and attracts people to the area where the activation is being delivered.
The key objectives of the program are to:
• Deliver activation that will increase and drive visitation to the nominated area, primarily between the night-time hours of 6pm and 6am;
• Increase economic activity and spend for city businesses; and
• Celebrate unique precinct offerings by bringing entertaining and vibrant activities to the area.
What they fund
Up to $2 million in grant funding is available for the Dusk till Dawn Activation Grants Program. Funding of up to $100,000 per proposal will be available to fund proposals that meet the following key principles:
• Proposals can be for the implementation of free or ticketed activations that will increase public and private realm activity and drive visitation to the City of Melbourne
• Applications that involve more than one business collaborating to achieve delivery of proposed activation.
• Applications that have an acceptable level of investment to be put forward by the applicant. I.e. not rely 100 per cent on Council funding to deliver.
Who is eligible to apply?
Applicants to the Dusk till Dawn Activation Grants Program (D2D) must meet the following eligibility:
• Have a valid Australian Business Number (ABN)
• Currently have or can obtain current public liability and professional indemnity insurance policies
• Hold all relevant permits such as; liquor licensing, food safety permits, outdoor events.