Social enterprises can be non-profit, for-profit or hybrid businesses that exist to benefit the public and community and are established to address a range of cultural, social and environmental issues.
The Social Enterprise Grants Program will provide assistance between $5,000 to $50,000 to enable social enterprises to access professional advice and support in the critical early stages of establishing and growing their business, and to assist in testing ideas in the market or using technology to achieve their reach and mission.
Funding of between $5,000 and $50,000 (excluding GST) may be provided to eligible social enterprises to engage business consultants, mentors or digital experts to assist them to establish and grow their business and to grow their mission.
If successful, a 50% funding contribution (excluding GST) is provided following completion of your project. The applicant needs to meet the eligibility and assessment criteria to be considered and must provide satisfactory evidence of the project’s completion to obtain funding.
The minimum grant funding amount is $5,000 (i.e. the value of the project is at least $10,000) and the maximum grant funding amount is $50,000 (i.e. the value of the project is at least $100,000).
Social enterprises eligible to apply for this grant are those based in Queensland that meet the following definition:
– led by an economic, social, cultural or environmental mission consistent with a public or community benefit
– trades to fulfil their mission and derive more than 50% of their income from trade and
– reinvest the majority of any profit/surplus into the fulfilment of their mission.
To be eligible for this grant, the business must:
– provide evidence (letter by CPA or chartered accountant) that the business does, or intends to, reinvest or give 50% of income generated to fulfill its mission
– be a social enterprise based in Queensland
– have a registered business name
– have an active Australian Business Number (ABN)
– not be insolvent or have owners/directors that are an undischarged bankrupt.
Only 1 application will be accepted from an individual ABN or financial beneficiary of a business.