The COVID-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on young people in Western Australia. In 2020/2021, the COVID-19 Youth Recovery Grants Program aims to support community initiatives that assist young people during the recovery phase of this pandemic.
Funding of up to $5,000 is available for one-off activities or initiatives with a duration of up to six months involving one or more partners and that contribute to the achievement of program objectives.
Funding of up to $10,000 is available for longer term (over six months), community-wide strategic initiatives involving a wide range of partners and that contribute to the achievement of the program objectives.
Projects should address one or more of the following program objectives:
– Develop the knowledge, confidence and skills young people need to be actively involved in community life and to respond to issues impacting on their lives.
– Provide opportunities for young people to learn and develop life skills to help them to achieve their goals.
– Promote and/or create environments and accessible services and programs to keep young people well and promote lifelong healthy lifestyles.
After meeting the core requirements included in the Guidelines, Communities will also prioritise applications that:
– Support vulnerable or disadvantaged cohorts in the community.
– Support or complement one or more of the priorities within Beyond 2020 – eg. employment, mental health, education and training, a secure place to live, amplifying the voices of young people and climate change.
– Support or complement one or more of the pillars within YACWA’s A Framework for Young People’s Recovery from COVID-19 in Western Australia.