Young Leaders combatting the Coronavirus
Action today on COVID-19
One Young World, the global forum for young leaders, is establishing a fund for young leaders on the frontlines of the COVID-19 response.
Around the world, One Young World Ambassadors are combatting the Coronavirus with the most innovative methods in the most challenging circumstances.
By directing money to leaders on the front lines, the ensure that resources are being accessed by those who need them most.
This global crisis demands a global response.
One Young World will meet that challenge.
Focused on the SDG’s with a clear connection to combatting Covid-19, for example:
– SDG 3: producing medical supplies to tackle the infection or symptoms of the virus
– SDG 4: providing resources to disadvantaged children to support the continuation of education during school closures
– SDG 5: protecting victims of domestic violence during lock down
– SDG 6: providing sanitation resources to help prevent the spread of the virus
– SDG 8: creating work for unemployed persons in vital sectors?
– All countries around the world
– Producing direct, quantifiable impact
– Apolitical in nature
– Must not be operated for profit
– Impacting >500 people directly
– Focused on assisting the most vulnerable in society
– Operational (or ready to start within 3 weeks of application submission)
– Founded and/or managed by young leaders (aged approximately 18-35)
– Applications must be submitted in the English language to be reviewed
– Operating in accordance with WHO’s scientific guidance