The COVID-19 Response and Recovery Small Business Grants program 2020 provides grants to small businesses for online technical and innovation support.
The focus of this grant program is to respond to the challenges of COVID-19. It is intended to help build small business resilience both during and after the pandemic by assisting businesses to develop and grow their online capabilities.
Grants of up to $2,000 (excluding GST) are available.
Who can apply?
The grants are open to small businesses (with an annual payroll less than $650,000) registered for GST, that are also registered and operating in the Glen Eira municipality. Applicants must have a registered Australian Business Number (ABN) and hold a current Certificate of Currency for public liability insurance between $10 to 20 million. Applicants must have no outstanding debts to the Glen Eira City Council.
Please note that applications must provide the following to be eligible:
– A business trading name that is registered for GST
– A business trading name that is registered and operating in Glen Eira
– An ABN that is linked to the business trading name
– A specific copy of the Certificate of Currency for public liability insurance (a copy of the insurance policy or a tax invoice is not sufficient)
In your application, you need to:
– Tell us about the specific impact of COVID-19 on your business. For example, the business has experienced a 45% decrease in revenue from March 2020, standing down 3 casual staff, providing only take away food, delivery services taking 30% of each order, and facing increased competition in the online space
– Provide a clear, detailed outline of your project, the purchases required to deliver it, and how the project will help address the impact of COVID-19 for your business.