Information about emergency funding for CHSP providers during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Australian Government is providing additional funding to support Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) service providers during COVID-19.
Emergency funding of $191.6 million includes:
• $141.6 million for ad hoc proposals
• $50 million for additional meals services.
Providers may use this funding to:
• Meet increased demand for services
• Retain key workforce
• Adapt to the changing aged care environment
• Cover the cost of personal protective equipment (PPE)
• Deliver services to residents on short-term leave from aged care homes.