The COVID-19 Aboriginal Community Response Program will provide small quick response grants to support Aboriginal communities across NSW to reduce their risk of being exposed to COVID-19 and enable them to manage the impacts of the pandemic.
Grants of up to $10,000 are available for:
– Social and emotional wellbeing support.
– Keeping communities connected.
– Responding to immediate needs.
– Advocacy and information.
The COVID-19 Aboriginal Community Response Grants Program aims to support:
– Activities that limit the movement of Aboriginal people outside their homes and ensure this movement is COVID safe, to minimise the risk of transmission.
– The provision of trauma-informed, culturally appropriate, local community-based social and emotional well-being support for Aboriginal people impacted by COVID-19.
– Aboriginal people’s access to accurate and timely information regarding COVID-19 and its impacts.
Applicants can apply for grants from $1,000 to $10,000. Applicants can apply more than once if a separate need has been identified.