City of Melbourne is offering grants of up to $5000 to help organisations and community groups support local communities affected by COVID-19.
Examples of assistance may include:
– supporting those who are self-isolating, being quarantined at home or are dependent on external services that are no longer running
– providing goods or services for vulnerable community members, such as transport or essential supplies like prescribed medication
– creating innovative ways to reduce social isolation and build community connection, such as online programs or information sharing.
To be eligible you must meet all of the below criteria:
– Located within the City of Melbourne or providing services to the City of Melbourne community.
– A not-for-profit organisation or a recognised community group with proven involvement with high need and vulnerable communities within the municipality.
– An organisation that does not have pre-existing debt or non-compliance issues with any grant, contract or tender with the City of Melbourne.
– Applicants must have an Australian Business Number (ABN).
Complete and submit your application online via SmartyGrants. Submit one application only.
In exceptional circumstances, organisations may:
– be allocated an amount greater than $5000
– apply for a subsequent grant based if they can provide evidence of having spent the first grant and can demonstrate additional need.