The Community Grants and Support Program comprises of 3 funding streams:
1. Community and Economic Development Grants – up to two rounds per year, up to $5,000 per application
2. Community Sponsorship – open year round or until budget is expended, up to $5,000 per application
3. In-Kind Support – by exception only for Council staff time and internal plant hire not listed in the annual fees and charges.
The objectives of Cook Shire Council’s Community Grants and Support Program are to provide assistance to local businesses, community groups/organisations by:
• Encouraging and assisting in the development and upgrading of existing facilities.
• Providing opportunities for the purchase of equipment, programs/websites that are integral to operations, sustainability and growth.
• Supporting delivery of community events, workshops and training opportunities that strengthen and develop community identity and capacity.
• Promoting conservation and improvement of environmental assets within the Shire.
• Supporting opportunities for business success, economic development and economic diversity across the region through immediate, medium and long term achievements.
Applicants must be an organisation that:
• Has a majority of members based within Cook Shire; and
• Is a properly constituted for-profit organisation; or
• Is a properly constituted not-for-profit organisation; or
• Is a charitable organisation registered or sanctioned under the Collections Act 1966; or
• Is a properly constituted not-for-profit organisation acting as auspice for an individual or unincorporated group.