The Contemporary Music Touring Program (CMTP) supports national touring activity undertaken by Australian musicians performing original contemporary music.
The CMTP do not accept applications submitted via post. Applications received by post will not be assessed and will be returned to the sender.
The CMTP is open to applications for funding with some fixed-term adjustments to the guidelines to account for COVID-19 conditions.
These adjustments take account of:
– Additional costs that may be required for the safe delivery of tours
– Ongoing financial implications of COVID-19
– Acknowledging that in some circumstances physical tours may include a portion of digital delivery.
Who can apply
– Individuals or organisations may apply to tour live music performances within Australia.
– Touring musicians must be performing original Australian contemporary music. Funding can be provided to performers, managers, agents, and music networks on behalf of professionals working in the Australian music industry. Applications must contain one tour only.
Who can’t apply
You can’t apply for a grant if:
– You received a grant, or administered a grant, from the Australia Council in the past and that grant has not been satisfactorily acquitted
– You owe money to the Australia Council.
What can you apply for:
Under the Contemporary Music Touring Program, performances of original Australian contemporary music can include a wide range of different musical styles.
The tour must comprise of performances in at least three venues or locations outside of the performer’s hometown. Tours that include regional and remote destinations, or which assist performers residing in regional and remote areas to tour, are a priority for funding.
– If your itinerary contains only metropolitan performances, you may request up to $15,000.
– If your itinerary contains at least one regional or remote performance, you may request up to $25,000.
– If 75% of your itinerary is to remote and/or very remote locations, you may request up to $50,000.
Please note: The minimum grant amount you can apply for is $5,000.
The next closing dates are:
Tuesday 6 October 2020 for projects starting after 1 January 2021 (this round has now closed).
Tuesday 2 March 2021 for projects starting after 1 June 2021
The rounds close at 3pm AEDT on the closing date.
Please note: To apply you must be registered in our application management system a minimum of two business days prior to the closing date.