The Community Wellbeing Grants provides financial and in-kind assistance to not-for-profit community based organisations or community groups auspiced by an organisation, for projects which:
– Address local issues
– Promote social justice
– Enhance wellbeing
– Strengthen the sustainability and capacity of Inner West Community
– Foster inclusion, social connection.
All applications should aim to provide community benefits for the residents of the Inner West Council area. This includes the suburbs of Annandale, Ashfield, Balmain (including Balmain East), Birchgrove, Dobroyd Point, Dulwich Hill, Enmore, Haberfield, Leichhardt, Lewisham, Lilyfield, Marrickville, South Marrickville, Petersham, Rozelle, Stanmore, St Peters, Summer Hill, Sydenham, Tempe. Inner West Council also includes parts of Ashbury, Camperdown, Croydon, Croydon Park, Hurlstone Park and Newtown
Community Wellbeing Grants of up to $7,500 are available annually, with small grants between $250-$500 available on an as needs basis.
Community Wellbeing Small Grants Pilot Program is open until 17 June 2019
The Community Wellbeing Grants Program objectives are to:
– Connect people to each other and place
– Develop community strengths, capabilities and lifelong learning
– Encourage social and cultural sustainability
– Foster an inclusive and diverse community
– Encourage participation in community activities
– Promote health and wellbeing
– Support innovative approaches
– Support access and equity for all groups to participate in community life
– Facilitate projects that involve the community in their design
– Encourage collaborations and partnerships.
– Types of projects supported
– A broad range of endeavours may be assisted through this program.