City of Parramatta Council’s Community Grants provide an annual funding opportunity for the Parramatta Local Government Area (LGA). The grants program aims to support local not-for-profit, recreation and sporting groups, clubs, organisations, services, social enterprises, and in some cases, individuals. Through the Community Grants, Council supports a wide range of services and activities that contribute to City of Parramatta’s vision and priorities.
– Support community based groups, sport and recreation clubs, and service organisations to develop effective projects that address the social, economic and/or environmental needs of residents in the Parramatta LGA, as described in City of Parramatta Council’s Community Strategic Plan;
– Maximise access to and use of community resources, services and facilities, including equity of access for people experiencing social exclusion, marginalisation or isolation;
– Encourage community participation in the development and delivery of projects and activities;
– Support the development of networks and partnerships between communities, local community groups, agencies and City of Parramatta Council.
$225,000 is allocated to the Community Capacity Building Grants. The funding cap under this category varies depending on your organisation type. Please refer to the chart below.
• 100% Voluntary Organisations – $5,000 Funding Cap
• Organisations with Paid Staff – $10,000 Funding Cap
• Second Phase Projects – $5,000 or $10,000 as above Funding Cap
This program is open once a year. Projects must start after July 1. Successful recipients in this category are required to:
– Complete their projects within 12 months of funding
– Submit two Progress Reports, after four and nine months respectively, during the funding period and a Final Acquittal Report upon project completion
> 4 month Progress Report due date 1 November
> 9 month Progress Report due date 1 April
> Final Acquittal Report due date 1 July (following year)
Failure to acquit the grant will affect any future funding requests.