The Community Groups Assistance Fund has been developed as part of the City of Stirling Economic Stimulus and Community Recovery package in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. It is aimed at invigorating localised community capacity building programs and/or providing activation of the four Community Hub locations as well as local community centres.
Initiatives must demonstrate they meet the main objectives of the funding:
– Build the capacity and wellbeing of the City of Stirling community
– Enable organisations and community members to create lasting community connections in place
– Meet the objectives of the City’s Social Planning objectives.
Grants are available of up to:
– Up to $500 for individuals and non-incorporated organisations
– Up to $5,000 for individuals/collectives with no ABN
– Up to $10,000 for sole traders/ incorporated organisations/small businesses and Not-For Profit groups.
Eligible activities include the implementation of community capacity building and wellbeing initiatives, neighbourhood get-togethers (Get to Know Your Neighbours grants) or development of new projects and events for the benefit of the community.