In these challenging times, community is at its best when everyone works together. In a time when we have never been more physically distanced, The City of Port Adelaide Enfield is seeing examples every day of the community connecting in ways they never have before.
Taking the approach of community first , the City of PAErecognises that the Coronavirus pandemic will impact everyone in this community in different ways. They’re committed to supporting the community through this ongoing crisis by providing funding for the delivery of community and creative projects and initiatives that support community to respond to and recover from the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The City of PAE is seeking applications for projects which align with the following objectives:
* Deliver resources, programs or services that address the changing needs of the community resulting from the COVID-19 environment.
* Strengthen community connection and social inclusion in an environment where physical distancing and isolation measures are in place.
* Increase the diversity of cultural, creative, recreational or social opportunities available to residents in a COVID-19 environment.
You might want to deliver
– Initiatives to provide support to vulnerable people in self-isolation
– Homelessness initiatives
– Family and domestic violence initiatives
– Activities to keep people physically and mentally active
– Chalk art, stobie pole painting, mosaics, yarnbombing
– Street-based and neighbourhood based projects
– Digital/virtual experiences and initiatives
– Creative activities
The grant program is open for applications from May 2020 until funds within this program are fully distributed. Applications can be submitted at any time and will be assessed on an ongoing basis. Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application within two weeks from submission. Successful applicants will be required to spend Council’s grant funds within six months of the date of their grant approval and acquit within two months of the completion of the activity or purchase.
What Funding is available?
Eligible applicants can apply for up to $2,000 for activities, projects and purchases that clearly demonstrate alignment to at least one of the grant program objectives.